Flip-flops or Slides: Which one is your bae on a beach vacation?
Flip flops and slides are considered the best street style label for a chic and cool outlook. Denim shorts, a plaid tunic, and a backpack over your shoulders look are swiftly and elegantly capped off by flip flops or slides on your feet. You are a picture of a trendy fashionista and a popular glam girl. But often people debate on the benefits and cons of slides vs flip flops. We all know that both are very convenient because of their rapid slip-on and slip off and both have a superb comfort level which is hard to ignore. But when it comes down to slides vs flip flops for your next beach vacation or your adventure down the countryside, which should you pack?
Let’s have a look at what both flip-flops vs slides can give to you in your fun times.
Flip-flops- a sole sister
- Flip flops are very smooth. They provide firm support to the feet especially near wet areas such as the beach where there is a risk of your feet sliding. Their firm grip encourages you to run and walk in the muddy areas without the fear of falling down.
- They are extremely easy to slide in. They are particularly preferred when you have to take off your shoes and get them on again repeatedly.
- Flip flops are breathable and very airy. They are much favored in warm sunny weather when your feet tend to sweat profusely. Flip flops in such weather tend to keep your feet light, cool, and breezy.
- With flip flops, you never have to worry about foul shoe breath. Since your feet are not wrapped tight inside them, there is no accumulation of sweat or bacteria living on them.
Slides- a cool partner
- Slides are now becoming the hit trend of the runways with more and more mega-brands releasing their newest colorways and slide designs. Slides are considered an extremely versatile and perfect teammate with any of your casual wardrobe outfits.
- The slide’s anatomy is designed in a way that helps to prevent heel pain, back pain, and knee pain.
- It is more comfortable to wear in comparison to a flip flop because it has a considerable wedge height. This height can keep your heels off the ground level and prevents less tension from being exerted on them.
- The thick horizontal strap also helps to give your toes a sufficient area to hammer on unlike the sparse thong strap of a flip flop. This enables you to walk long distances without developing any pains in your feet or legs.
- The outsole of a slide is thicker and more supportive than that of a flip flop. This gives you greater traction and supportive speed while walking or strolling down the pathway.